Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Blog

This is my first blog. I had to see if I could actually set one up. I'm so excited!
I have been contemplating a lot of things this morning as I watered the yard, listened to the birds, and sat on the porch with a cup of coffee. 
I was shopping  yesterday and it seemed as if everyone I came across was frustrated. My husband always says that I am the only person he knows who goes in to get a loaf  bread and comes out with a new best friend! I do tend to talk a lot, but you didn't hear that from me. From the government healthcare mess, to the lightbulb fiasco (I hate flourescent bulbs!), to fires, to our parched, dry land, to lack of morals, and to our horrible economy; everyone is frustrated.  Then I read my daughters post:tishablaylock@blogspot.com.  And my thought was, "If we would all concentrate more on God, our problems would be solved."  Our country has strayed so far from the christian, moral country we started as.  It is no wonder God has chastised us. Like my husband, I don't know which will come first: rain or rapture, but I'm ready for either!
Yesterday, I watched a little bird that was either too weak or too small to fly. In a few minutes another bird lit on the bird bath and got a drink of water and then dipped his bill again and went over to the other bird. They tipped their heads and the second bird gave the first a drink.  Maybe that is what our country needs more of: a willingness to help each other. Not through the government, but personally. We have lost so much of that personal touch in our modern world.  We need to reach out to each other; maybe sit on the porch together. We need to give our neighbors someone to share their troubles with so there will be less suicide and fewer people on tranquilizers. 
I believe God expects more from us than we are giving, and I for one, am going to do my best to give more. Join me, won't you?

1 comment:

  1. "I believe God expects more from us than we are giving, and I for one, am going to do my best to give more. Join me, won't you?"

    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete